Fast, Safe, Simple: Our Process, from Collection to Storage
Banking your baby’s cord blood and placental blood and tissue doesn’t need to be complex or time-consuming. LifebankUSA strives to make the process as quick, easy, and transparent as possible, so you can focus on what matters most: your baby.
- Choose the banking option that works best for your family.
- Contact us to enroll or sign up using our secure website. Once your paperwork is completed we will ship your collection kit directly to your address.
- When you receive your collection kit, read the Expectant Patient Booklet but do not remove any other materials from the kit.
- Keep the kit at room temperature, packed with your hospital bag.
At the Hospital
- Bring your collection kit with you to the hospital.
- Inform the nursing staff and your healthcare provider that you are collecting your baby’s stem cellsand have brought your collection kit.
- After your baby is born and the umbilical cord has been cut, your healthcare provider will complete the collection safely and noninvasively, in about 5 minutes.
- Ensure that all you wish to preserve is packed (e.g. cord blood and the placenta) and labeled. Your maternal blood should also be in the kit and labeled.
- We ask that you call LifebankUSA at 1-877-543-3226 to schedule a medical courier to pick up your collection kit within 1-2 hours following the birth of your little one.
- Keep your collection kit with you and at room temperature until the courier arrives.
We’ll Take It from Here
The remaining steps—transport, processing, and storage—occur behind the scenes, while you spend time resting and enjoying your family.
- Your collection kit is transported by medical courier to the LifebankUSA laboratories in New Jersey. Pickup generally takes place between 8 AM and 8 PM your local time.
- When we receive the collection kit at our laboratories, we inspect each component as part of our strict verification protocol. We then process your baby's resources in our specialized laboratories. After processing, we’ll send you a letter informing you of the total cell count of your collection.
- We preserve your baby’s stem cells in a vapor-phase liquid-nitrogen storage tank, which is monitored continuously, 24/7/365.
That’s it! Have questions or need assistance? Call us at 1-877-543-3226. We’re here to help.