Nothing is more valuable or worth investing in than your family’s health. But how do you know if banking cord blood or placental blood stem cells is really worth it?
It’s important to think of storing stem cells as an investment, much like investing for your child’s financial future or education. It’s there for you and your family if you ever need it for future health needs.
How much does cord blood banking really cost?
There are two major components to the cost of stem cell banking:
1. Cost of collection and processing. This will vary in price based on the stem cell company and banking option you choose: cord blood banking vs cord blood plus placental blood banking vs longevity biobanking.
2. Storage fees. Every cord blood bank charges a yearly storage fee. Most companies offer discounts if you choose a prepay option. Before you compare on cost alone you should understand which company and services are right for you.
How do you decide the right stem cell banking company for you?
Consider the following criteria before you make the decision of which cord blood banking company is right for you:
Make sure you choose a cord blood bank with a good reputation
- Ensure the company complies with all relevant standards and guidelines developed by the AABB and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Consider a cord blood bank that has a range of offerings
- Choosing a company that offers more than cord blood banking is important. Cord blood banking is a great starting point for investing in your family’s future health but banking more than just cord blood will provide a greater variety of the important stem cells that may be used in current and future medical treatments.1
- Banking another source of stem cells such as from placental blood is an important consideration as transplanting more stem cells has been shown to increase the probability of transplant success and survival.2,3
Choose a cord blood bank that is research-oriented and involved with clinical trials for the advancement of stem cell therapy
- LifebankUSA was the first cord blood bank to recognize the importance of the placental stem cells and developed a patented technology for placental blood collection.
- LifebankUSA is the only cord blood bank that has processed material for FDA-approved clinical trials using stem cells from placental tissue. We preserve your baby’s placental tissue using the same steps that were taken for processing stem cells for those clinical trials. No other cord blood company can claim that.
LifebankUSA believes in being an active partner throughout the entire banking process. It’s why we provide a higher level of customer service, updates on continual research advancements using stem cells, and in-person guided tours of our facility.
There is a wide range of pricing options
Depending on what banking option you feel is right for your family, and what storage option you choose, the cost to you will vary. LifebankUSA offers flexible payment options to fit most budgets, as well as a gift registry.
What can cord blood be used for?
Stem cells found in umbilical cord blood are the building blocks of the body’s blood. They have the remarkable ability to transform into other types of cells and replenish themselves. Due to their transformative potential, umbilical cord stem cells may potentially be used to replace other cells in the body that are abnormal or have been destroyed by disease. Umbilical cord blood, placental blood, and placental tissue contain an abundance of important stem cells that are being used in the treatment of many diseases common today and they are being studied for potential future treatments, as well.4,5
Instead of discarding your umbilical cord and placenta as medical waste, why not store the valuable stem cells contained within them? They may benefit the well-being and future health of your family.
Why should you consider cord blood banking?
Saving and storing cord blood stem cells provides you and your family with more options for a healthy future and ensures that as medical treatments advance, you advance with them.
Choosing to bank your child’s stem cells is an important decision that may have a profound impact on the future health of your family. If you have any questions about LifebankUSA and our services or pricing, please reach out to us at 1-877-543-3226.