5 Reasons that Lifebank is the Smart Choice for Cord Blood Banking
Did you know that banking placenta blood in addition to cord blood increases the number of transplant-ready stem cells?* Lifebank leads the industry in cord blood banking and offers the most banking options for your family.
We’ve put together five reasons that Lifebank is the smart choice and should be your first choice when it comes to cord blood banking.
1. Placenta and Cord Blood
Lifebank is the only company that lets you collect and preserve stem cells both the cord blood and the placenta blood. Adding placenta blood banking to your cord blood collection provides a very real, proven layer of protection for you and your family. Customers who bank placenta blood in addition to cord blood with Lifebank preserve 60%-70% more CD34+ stem cells – the cells that are the most important for rebuilding diseased blood with healthy blood.
2. FDA Recommended and Heparin Free
To preserve your cells during transportation to our storage facility, an anticoagulant (blood thinner) must be used. We use citrate-phosphate-dextrose, or CPD, which is a citrate-based anticoagulant. This is the only type of anticoagulant recommended by the FDA.1,2
3. 99% Purity
If you want the highest quality of stem cells in the industry, Lifebank is the #1 choice for cord blood banking.. Our red blood cell depletion process results is over a 99% purity level.3
4. We’ve Got Your Back
In the unlikely events of power outages, disasters or other emergencies, it is important for you to know that we have dependable backup systems, generators and safeguards, along with internal protocols and standards that we have developed and implemented. We go beyond the Federal regulations to protect the integrity of your cord blood and placenta blood stem cells collection.
5. Lifebank has Done it All!
We have released cord blood and placenta blood stem cells for private use, public use, and both clinical and non-clinical research.
We’ve got some great new pricing and payment plans for our placenta blood and cord blood banking services. Click here for more information. Visit LifebankUSA.com or call us at 1-877-543-3226 to learn what makes Lifebank different.
- US Department of Health and Human Services. Bone marrow and cord blood donation and transplantation. http://bloodcell.transplant.hrsa.gov/ Accessed May 1, 2014.
- US Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research. Guidance for industry: minimally manipulated, unrelated allogeneic placental/umbilical cord blood intended for hematopoietic reconstitution for specified indications. October 2009. http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/Guidances/Blood/UCM187144.pdf Accessed May 1, 2014.
- Data on file, LifebankUSA